Page: Previous  1, 2

Forums » GarageBand Tips and Tricks » Radio readiness

Listener

Reply with quoteReport
Inner ears.
Artist Page Send Message Nov 03, 2009 | 6:45 pm
Listener

Reply with quoteReport
I think GB is great for making demo's but if you're 'good' enough to get on the radio then you should record at a pro studio with an engineer that knows how to record and mix (mastering is an added bonus!) A producer would be good to help fill in any missing elements and help to mould your sound. But like the others have stated the current status of radio is bad.

GB IMHO is not a serious enough program to make professional recordings. The overall functionality is limited.
Artist Page Send Message May 24, 2010 | 4:28 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
I have to agree with Fatchance. You need quality gear if you really want to go up against the big boys. Or you need a quality engineer who has worked on radio released records, (Like me). I have mixed in major studios and some pretty good private studios and it still comes down to quality. Quality playing, Production, Recording and Mixing/Mastering. Don't expect because you have sat at your computer for any amount of time that you can match the knowledge of someone who has done it many times before. And do not short change yourself in any stage of the entire process.
Also it might not hurt to got to watch Unscripted Audio for some tips on how to start to get where you need to be.

http://www.icweekly.net/unscripted

There are many tutorials that will help you get to better place in your recordings and mixes.
Tom
Latest Song: Ultimate UJB Collab
Artist Page Send Message May 24, 2010 | 9:15 am
New Topic  •  Reply to Topic
Page: Previous  1, 2
Advertisement