Forums » GarageBand Tips and Tricks » I need an AC/DC sound on my guitar

Listener

Reply with quoteReport
so ive been using GB software tracks (as im a bassist) for guitar and i can't seem to get the AC/DC sound,

i noticed if you go into magic band setup and choose the rock guitar loops and apply the indie rock filter it gets a similar sound to what im after,

but simply using the standard steel string guitar software instrument, exporting, and then applying the indie rock filter does not accomplich the same sound....

any help?
Artist Page Send Message Nov 05, 2008 | 9:03 am
Listener

Reply with quoteReport
You need an amplifier playing real loud, with not too much ditortion/overdrive. And they put mics not in front of the amp, but far from it. Emulate this in amp simulator is quiet tough. Try amp simulator, emulate an overdrive with it, but not too much, and in the chain effect, add a limiter. Add some output volume in limiter effect, till VU meter reach yellow, near red, but stay stable even if you play tiny notes on strings. Hope this work for you. Maybe you'll need to add some noise gate, but if you move your guitar, you'll be able to find an angle where there is not too much hum. Maybe try to fin in reverb the setup that emulate small chamber, like if you're playing in a studio with your amp at the other end of the studio.
Artist Page Send Message Nov 05, 2008 | 9:22 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Or ask someone here that has the sound you like to collab with you?
Latest Song: Happy despite it all
Artist Page Send Message Nov 05, 2008 | 10:58 pm
Listener

Reply with quoteReport
i believe he wants to make the sound with software instruments and not with a real guitar.
Artist Page Send Message Nov 07, 2008 | 1:52 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
I'd recommend you to use Native Instruments Guitar Rig > http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/guitar/guitar-rig-4-pro/
There are hundreds of different guitar effects built in!
Latest Song: Memories Of Europe
Artist Page Send Message Mar 05, 2010 | 7:31 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
I agree with Ignoramus, why fake a sound thats already out there waiting???
Latest Song: **** You Rocksmith
Artist Page Send Message Mar 05, 2010 | 10:50 pm

Reply with quoteReport
The original poster started this thread in 2008. If he's still waiting for a solution to his AC/DC problem then he's a more patient man than I...

-Eido
Latest Song: [LiesToChildren] Road Collab
Artist Page Send Message Mar 06, 2010 | 4:08 am
Listener

Reply with quoteReport
shingleback wrote:
so ive been using GB software tracks (as im a bassist) for guitar and i can't seem to get the AC/DC sound,

i noticed if you go into magic band setup and choose the rock guitar loops and apply the indie rock filter it gets a similar sound to what im after,

but simply using the standard steel string guitar software instrument, exporting, and then applying the indie rock filter does not accomplich the same sound....

any help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDHxdkeFAY0&feature=related
that should help
Artist Page Send Message Mar 29, 2010 | 4:09 pm
Advertisement