Forums » GarageBand Tips and Tricks » Interfaces

Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Can anyone recommend an interface or interfaces for connecting a microphone and instruments (guitar, elecric bass, sax) to GarageBand (one at a time)? I'm interested in a sound as close to pro quality as possible.

Thanks,
Herb Rowland
Latest Song: Pretty Blue Eyes
Artist Page Send Message Nov 02, 2009 | 6:43 pm
Listener

Reply with quoteReport
Try M-Audio for one. Pro is the entire process not one gadget.
Artist Page Send Message Nov 03, 2009 | 10:48 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Wow. You'll need a multi track recorder. Cost money, takes time to learn and master.

Check out Sweetwater or musicians friend!
Latest Song: "Moonglow"
Artist Page Send Message Nov 03, 2009 | 11:07 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Try the Edirol UA-25 - its two channels, has multi-purpose inputs, can record up to 96khz in 24-bit - has phantom power, an analogue limiter and is robust and great for a portable or home studio... I have used mine for at least 4 years now and the quality is good and it has never given me any problems!
Latest Song: Don't Stop Now
Artist Page Send Message Nov 03, 2009 | 12:52 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
I would recommend a PodStudio USB interface from Line 6, I have the older model called the Toneport UX1 and I havent had a problem yet.

The only thing that is annoying is the interface hardware needs to be plugged in when using the included podfarm software as a plugin in garageband if your adding effects to an existing track and line 6 has plenty of great amp modeling options to choose from too with the included podfarm software.

also, sometimes you can find them used on craigslist, I saw the smallest model, the GX1 for like $30 a while back on there. good stuff.

I also purchased a jamlab interface from m-audio for my daughter and it seems to work fine too but the line 6 software has a lot more options.
Latest Song: 40 (Instrumental)
Artist Page Send Message Dec 26, 2009 | 8:02 pm
Advertisement