81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
No. Mind your own business
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
The other day I was trying to help Vixen with Garageband via personal messages and that was not working so well. So she came up with the idea lets screen share on skype. I wasn't at home at the time but did have my laptop, so I said sure lets try it. To me this was way easier than trying to use the chat, forums or pm here. It help that a had a wonderful easy going eager to learn person, but it got me to thinking, maybe I could offer to help other newbies like this. Vixen thank me and made me feel really good for helping her, then I heard this...
http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=165389

Now don't get me wrong I had absolutly nothing to do with this song sounding so great that is the Artists involved talents, but if just showing someone a few tricks could help to lead to this being presented here at iComp I definitely wouldn't mind being apart of that.

So if you are a newbie to Garageband, Logic, or Protools, possible a few others or just have an issue I may can help you with. I'm offering to help you through Skype's screen share. Now I'm not a big fan of being online along time, I don't twitter, facebook, or myspace, I just keep things to a minimum. reality is more enjoyable to me than virtual. But I'm willing to set aside sometime for you.
I also would encourage others who are efficient in other Daw's such as Acid pro, Abelton live, Sonar, engineering whatever... to offer helping others through the screen share as well. You don't have to be on video that's optional, and you can control what the other person can see, it's not like remote controlling someone else's computer, it's just seeing what the other is showing. If anyone is interested in this, just state it here or send me a private message. Cheers...
Moses
Artist Page Send Message Jul 22, 2011 | 1:19 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Good on ya, Moses.

Skype screen sharing is a wonderful way to help each other out. It works, as you mentioned, very well for exactly this type of thing.

I'm glad that you posted this thread and hope that others take advantage of it.
Latest Song: What You Did on iComp
Artist Page Send Message Jul 22, 2011 | 1:32 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
I've done a couple times with some friends over the years. I wouldn't call myself accomplished with garageband, but I an offer some help if people need it as well. or just want to bounce around ideas too.

Great idea to start the thread moses!
Latest Song: Think Big
Artist Page Send Message Jul 22, 2011 | 5:37 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
lummie wrote:
Good on ya, Moses.

Skype screen sharing is a wonderful way to help each other out. It works, as you mentioned, very well for exactly this type of thing.

I'm glad that you posted this thread and hope that others take advantage of it.

@lummie thanks for your support... I'm sure you and Tom would be a welcome site to sharing some of you guy's knowledge from video to online setups to mixing or what have you, though I know you guys have several shows.

@olympus Thank you for offering your time thats a cool thing to do.
Artist Page Send Message Jul 22, 2011 | 5:58 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
For those who don't have Skype or don't know what it is click below

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/allfeatures/screen-sharing/

Download the Free version and then your all set. The above link is directly to the screen share but there are videos as well explaining how Skype works on the site, for those who do not know.
Artist Page Send Message Jul 24, 2011 | 11:30 am
Listener

Reply with quoteReport
I know I'm on here a tad late, but I was curious to know if the offer to assist me with a plethora of audio programs was still open. I don't have a webcam, but I would certainly be willing to obtain one if we could do a video chat/conference call via Skype. I'd love to learn more from you. If you've helped others in the past, I'm certain you can help me too. Although. . .I may be too much to handle. I don't absorb info too well. Now, how would one set up a screen share on Skype? Not sure how that works. O_O

Anyway, PM me if ya want. I'm always up for learning more stuff. Peace! Very Happy
Artist Page Send Message Dec 07, 2011 | 8:38 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Yes the offer still stands... and I'm not sure if you even need a web cam at all, seeing as it can work like a phone call or voice chat. The screen share part is great because you can see what I'm doing to the actually program again I don't think you need a cam for that part either but I'm not sure. I know before the video was optional. I'll PM you later I'm trying to get over the flu at the moment so it might be a couple days before I have time.
Moses
Artist Page Send Message Dec 07, 2011 | 11:47 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Done it a few times & drop box comes in mega handy too with things like this
Artist Page Send Message Dec 09, 2011 | 7:53 pm
Administrator

Reply with quoteReport
Help is good
Artist Page Send Message Jan 20, 2012 | 9:42 am
Listener

Reply with quoteReport
Great post. Desktop screen sharing is very important as people can easily show their presentations, share documents, share files, applications etc. One can use various desktop screen sharing tools such as WebEx, gomeetnow, gotomeeting, on Premise RHUB TurboMeeting appliances etc. in order to share desktops, conduct webinars, web conferences etc.
Artist Page Send Message Apr 12, 2013 | 8:08 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
As stated a great post moses. I suggest that people check out www.atthecube.com
The new site explains my plans to again webcast "Unscripted Audio" and do as you have suggested. Help.
We go back a long time, you, me and comps. It is always a great idea to help others. I have often found myself learning as well as helping.
See everyone soon!
TC
Latest Song: Damnded demo unmix
Artist Page Send Message Apr 13, 2013 | 11:42 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
And since we are on the topic of helping.... I could use some help.
I need content for the show. Basically, tracks ready to be mixed. I will then use the submitted tracks to explain the many aspects of mixing I know.
Basic collaboration rules apply, but I will state my preferences.

I need only the raw audio files, they should be in .mp3 format to conserve time and allow for quick transfers. The tracks should not be pre-mixed in any way. No EQ, Compression, Gates and especially no reverb. If you have trouble eliminating the reverb from your virtual instruments or synths let me know and I will try to help you with that.

All genres and styles are good to go. I also ask for a note stating the tempo of the song and if you have any special instructions, they should be included also.

Send me a pm and I will include in my response options to transfer small or large file folders.

I look forward to many creative times ahead and thank all in advance for their submissions.
TC
Latest Song: Damnded demo unmix
Artist Page Send Message Apr 14, 2013 | 12:13 am
Advertisement