Forums » Comments and Suggestions » Intrusive Ads?

Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Whats with these intrusive ads that play randomly as you listen to a song? I am about to close this account and go elsewhere!
Artist Page Send Message Dec 09, 2017 | 9:26 am

Reply with quoteReport
@pm, any idea what’s going on here please?
Artist Page Send Message Dec 09, 2017 | 10:09 am

Reply with quoteReport
@w1av, that's odd, I've never had an ad on iC play sound. Are you sure it came from an ad on iC?

Are you aware, that for $2 /month, you can experience iCompositions with absolutely NO ads whatsoever?
Artist Page Send Message Dec 09, 2017 | 3:23 pm

Reply with quoteReport
@w1av: I've spent a little while browsing from song to song in Firefox, logged out, AdBlock turned off, and although I'm seeing plenty of ads as expected, none have played sound yet. If I can reproduce the problem I'll let you know.
Artist Page Send Message Dec 09, 2017 | 5:41 pm

Reply with quoteReport
Looks to me like the ads are being selected by Google based on browsing history (so in Firefox I'm seeing a lot of ads for stuff that my girlfriend looks at - she uses Firefox, I use Chrome). That probably means it'll be tricky to reproduce the problem because Google will be picking different ads for me versus you.
Artist Page Send Message Dec 09, 2017 | 5:43 pm

Reply with quoteReport
In looking back through reports, I see that we had this come up last year with another member and pm said then that the ads are placed by Google. We do not intentionally host ads with sound and we do not use pre-roll ads.
Artist Page Send Message Dec 09, 2017 | 5:53 pm
Administrator

Reply with quoteReport
@w1av Uh oh! iCompositions uses Google AdSense to serve all our ads, which shouldn't be playing audio but it's possible they're serving some that do.

Next time this happens, could you tell us what is being advertised and share a screenshot? Thanks!
Latest Song: Bridging
Artist Page Send Message Dec 09, 2017 | 5:59 pm
Advertisement