Forums » Lounge » ALL of Doofy

Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Hi! It's been a while. I've gone from simple "loop arrangement extraordinaire" to "loop arrangement extraordinaire father of two," having both a 1 year old and an 8 year old. Who has time to make music anymore?

Anyway, on another Mac music site, I have multiple accounts for multiple reasons (different accounts follow different rules).

I have decided to bring My music from the other accounts (from the other site) to here, but feel it makes the most sense to keep each tune under the appropriate moniker.

So, who do we have here...

DeputyDoofy – This is My main account. All music released is loop-based, but I make efforts to have it sound good! Most of the time, I succeed. Very Happy

FlapJacks – This account was originally created with a purpose to prove people wrong on a different site. The argument was that "only known people in the clique get good ratings and comments." BOOM! FlapJack(s) was born. His music was also loop-based, but there was typically no rhyme or reason to the loops combined together. What should have been absolute crap, sometimes resulted in awesomeness. Even more, sometimes that awesomeness either became remixed or finished correctly under the DeputyDoofy moniker... eventually. As you might have guessed, FlapJack got good ratings and comments, despite nobody knowing it was Me. Oh, and FlapJack is a horrible speller. Razz

LegOfLamb – When I was done with My DeputyDoofy run (which used to be a minimum of 1 tune per month), I decided I still wanted to make occasional tunes and gave myself a new goal. All tunes, while still loop-based, had to be 240BPM, no excpetion. I stuck to that. Every single tune was at that speed, even the ones that seem slower. There are two or three *covers* of DeputyDoofy tunes as well. I don't think anyone ever noticed. I put the same effort and polish on these tunes that I do for DeputyDoofy tunes.

And there you have it. Three accounts. Three different reasons. All Me. All fun. All crazy. And lots more stuff for you to hear, even if you thought you heard everything I had to offer.

Here's hoping this message finds everybody doing well, and HELLO to all the old and new people alike on iComp!
Latest Song: A-hole F'er Explicit
Artist Page Send Message Mar 17, 2016 | 4:25 pm
Administrator

Reply with quoteReport
some of us knew Wink
Artist Page Send Message Mar 17, 2016 | 5:05 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
I had know dowt! Very Happy

How are ewe, JL?!
Latest Song: The Tenderizer
Artist Page Send Message Mar 17, 2016 | 5:11 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
I had no doubt! Very Happy
How are you, JL?!
Artist Page Send Message Mar 17, 2016 | 5:12 pm

Reply with quoteReport
Multiple personalities will land you on a couch talking about your childhood. Wink
Latest Song: Arriving (AITW)
Artist Page Send Message Mar 17, 2016 | 7:24 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
7/21/35/49
Latest Song: Brompton Cocktail
Artist Page Send Message Mar 19, 2016 | 6:05 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Hi, DD
Latest Song: These Times
Artist Page Send Message Mar 27, 2016 | 9:00 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Don't listen to Mungo, DD. He's a jerk.
Artist Page Send Message Mar 27, 2016 | 9:49 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Hi, Mungo!

Oh, I know DeathNougat, but don't tell Mungo I know. Razz
Artist Page Send Message Mar 27, 2016 | 11:12 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
I have started posting the remaining Flapjacks tunes. What I have learned after all these years is, despite trying to make most of those tunes sound like crap to mess with people, many are gems, even if rough around the edges. I even have a few that I wish I had released under the Doofy name instead.

Still, looks like they're getting a fair amount of listens, so thank you! Very Happy
Artist Page Send Message Jan 24, 2018 | 11:34 am
Advertisement