iCompositions will retire on August 11, 2018. More information »
New Topic  •  Reply to Topic
Page: Previous  1, 2

Forums » Lounge » Sad 😔 news regarding Woofer3 (John Jenkins)

Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Sad news indeed... John and I corresponded almost daily. Great songwriter, clever lyricist, musician and dear friend. I'll miss you, your music and humor. Godspeed, Johnny.
Artist Page Send Message Feb 15, 2018 | 2:18 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
It certainly is Jacalore -( I too was very good friends with John on Facebook for many years....
I still feel really upset... can't believe he's gone..- (

John actually sent me a piano track and asked me if i would like to sing on it.. A kind of 193O's song on a lovely catchy piano piece he sent me. This was some years ago.. Now about five.....
I just never thought I would be good enough and had no confidence at the time....
He was a really nice person too. Very understanding and compassionate.. He made me laugh lots of times. He was so funny.. Got all his tracks on my iPod...... think I've got the whole of Icomps on it too.... (by now)

Hope this is ok to put here.. link below to a blog about this amazing musician..Woofer3 from 2008.. Very impressive, John also worked with some big names in the Music business too.
Really interesting blog..
John Jenkins the Honkey Tonk Man
I was actually the very first person to comment on his first upload on Macjams..... 4th feb 2008. I became huge fan from then on..

Song
'You can't make me fee this way no more' Fantastic track!

Then I went off to tell everyone on the site. What an amazing musician I had come across..... The rest is history..,
Dorothy.. xx

http://blog.macjams.com/?p=310
Artist Page Send Message Feb 16, 2018 | 11:10 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Thank you Trilobite2 I will let them know x
Artist Page Send Message Feb 18, 2018 | 5:33 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Great interview with JJ!
Enjoyed it. He's so unassuming, yet quite accomplished. I'm gonna miss that rascal, bigtime. S'long, my friend. Play on.
Artist Page Send Message Feb 19, 2018 | 9:19 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Thank you for all your comments. I have let his family know. John was a close friend and a big part of my life for a long time.😥 I miss him terribly
Artist Page Send Message Feb 28, 2018 | 7:43 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
John was a good man and a great musician. RIP, amigo.
Artist Page Send Message Mar 05, 2018 | 9:50 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Get well JJ! And make it soon!

Stan
Artist Page Send Message Mar 22, 2018 | 11:47 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Worked with John on some projects but did not get close, he was a talented guy, I really enjoyed his key board work. This just shows how fragile this existence is here one day gone the next, I'll miss his off the wall music a lot...
Latest Song: Edens Gate
Artist Page Send Message Mar 24, 2018 | 4:30 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
A great asset missed.

A~
Artist Page Send Message Apr 05, 2018 | 10:52 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Thank you Trilobite2 I will let them know x
Artist Page Send Message Apr 23, 2018 | 7:20 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
you turn around and you miss something like this. we have lost a few good one's through the years. geo, ed, now john, really talented fellas. i had a chance to work with all of them.
something about John was special to me. his sound appealed to me, and so did his constant experimentation, the way he communicated his social conscience, and his devilish wit. he was what i aspire to be.
i am really sad to learn this.
Artist Page Send Message Jun 30, 2018 | 10:42 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
He will be greatly missed - and thought about for a long time . So sorry to hear about this . He has his new special spot now .
Latest Song: Hotel California
Artist Page Send Message Jun 30, 2018 | 1:28 pm
New Topic  •  Reply to Topic
Page: Previous  1, 2