Forums » Comments and Suggestions » Share this images

Artist

Reply with quoteReport
I was curious about the Share this on Facebook feature...
Is there a way to make sure that the artists own album art is one of the thumbnail image choices? I always seem to get 4 choices, none of which are my art. Usually the just first commenters avatar and then a few ads.

no big deal, but it would be a bit cooler.
Latest Song: Fog Dogs
Artist Page Send Message Jul 30, 2010 | 4:29 pm

Reply with quoteReport
pm has said in another thread:

Quote:
Facebook chooses the image it associates with the link so we really don't have any control over what icon appears next to the link. That said, I believe Facebook has little arrow buttons to let you scroll through the available images on the page. Prior to posting the link, [one] should click the right arrow until [one] finds the image [one] wants to have attached to the link.
Latest Song: Arriving (AITW)
Artist Page Send Message Jul 30, 2010 | 6:17 pm

Reply with quoteReport
Yeah, I never get my album art as one of the choices either. Ho hum. Sad

-Eido
Artist Page Send Message Jul 30, 2010 | 6:36 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Thing is, Becs, the choices used to include one's own album art but they don't anymore. As you say, it may be from FB's side where the problem lies. The only reason I thought it might be from our side is that the options which ARE available are all ads for iComp! lol
Latest Song: Uguisu (Nightingale)
Artist Page Send Message Jul 30, 2010 | 7:18 pm

Reply with quoteReport
Bummer! If one's own album art isn't a choice. I don't know what is going on with that. I don't use Facebook or any of the other sites with which the Share feature works, so, I'm really at a loss.

Hopefully, pm or someone else will explain soon.
Latest Song: Arriving (AITW)
Artist Page Send Message Jul 30, 2010 | 8:52 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Eido is correct, there was a time when the artists art would be an option in the right arrow click choices. I'm sure it is probably a facebook issue so we'll most likely need to wait for them to change their ways again, for now I'll represent and choose the iComp ad!

thnx bec!
Artist Page Send Message Jul 31, 2010 | 10:12 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
issue fixed
Latest Song: These Times
Artist Page Send Message Jul 31, 2010 | 10:09 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
I thought it was a conspiracy to herd us to their own music ap Confused
Latest Song: Midnight Blue Collab
Artist Page Send Message Jul 31, 2010 | 10:28 pm
Administrator

Reply with quoteReport
Hi folks,
We've updated our Facebook sharing integration to explicitly specify Album Artwork as the desired thumbnail. When there's no Album Art, we'll specify the iCompositions logo.

Apparently, Facebook won't accept the specified thumbnail if the album art is too small or oddly shaped, so it may not always show Album Art as an option.

Let me know if you all still have trouble with this. Thanks for your feedback everyone!
Latest Song: Bridging
Artist Page Send Message Aug 01, 2010 | 2:54 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
PM, you're the best, thanks
Artist Page Send Message Aug 01, 2010 | 7:46 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
oh yey I was wondering the same thing for a while but now that it's fixed it's all good...:I
Artist Page Send Message Aug 01, 2010 | 8:39 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Ok Bec that was interesting. Thanks at least now I know...
Artist Page Send Message Apr 13, 2018 | 7:00 pm
Advertisement