iCompositions will retire on August 11, 2018. More information »

Forums » Site Support » adding collaborators

Artist

Reply with quoteReport
this is really an aggravating circumstance i am dealing with on icomps. every time i do a collaboration with someone, i try to add his/her moniker with icomps and get ZERO names when i put in their exact moniker. it's a bit daft, nah?

i am ONLY A VOCALIST for pity sake. i want to show EVERYONE that is a helluva lot smarter than i am as my collaborators. but i only get a NADA-doing in your add-collorator, and end up having to post as my own name and "a nonny mouse." makes me really sad. i have to put in the bio that the GUI on icomps will not allow me to give credit where credit is due until -- it seems -- approximately 48 hours have passed. then and only then does the "search for collaborator" allow me any choices of the moniker i type in. i use chrome and windows 10. thanks.
Artist Page Send Message Apr 23, 2018 | 9:01 pm

Reply with quoteReport
Just as a reminder (I know we've talked about this already):

To add a collaborator that is an iC member, on the Edit page of the song or at upload time on the Upload page:
• click “Me and other iCompositions artists"
• click the little + sign below the box
• type in the member’s name in the box to the right
• click “Search”
• click “(add)” when their name shows up under the box

Repeat if there are other artists to add on the song.
Latest Song: Drifting (T)
Artist Page Send Message Apr 23, 2018 | 10:58 pm
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
thank you for your response. i have done this EVERY TIME to no avail. i can send you screenshots proving this next time it happens. i click on "me and otehrs," then i click the little plus sign. then i type in the member's name in the box to the right. THAT is where the problem is. that box to the right where i put in the moniker does NOTHING. no reaction AT ALL. thus there is nothing that i can search for, as it gives no list. therefore i cannot click ADD as there is nothing to add. period end of statement.
Artist Page Send Message Apr 23, 2018 | 11:04 pm

Reply with quoteReport
Does your view look like this?

Latest Song: Drifting (T)
Artist Page Send Message Apr 24, 2018 | 1:09 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
my view looks like that except -- the ARTIST on the left of the red circle is shrunken -- you cannot see "no collaborators accepted) -- and -- in search for an artist, which you have circled in red, tho the box appears in full length, i type in anything and get absolutely NOTHING that comes up. NOTHING. it is empty no matter what i do. and thus it does not allow any selection. thus nothing appears in my "emma peel" subheader to the title of the song except "anonymous." very very grievous to me.
Artist Page Send Message Apr 24, 2018 | 7:43 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Emma I'm not being funny, But I see you already have on your own page. Some collaborators names in the heading..
Is Just certain ones your having the problem with, was just wondering ?
Artist Page Send Message Apr 24, 2018 | 10:24 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
what i thought might have worked by going to a different device also did not work. this post was about a month old and finally whatever was wrong with icomp's gui is now allowing me to put my collaborator's ID in immediately upon posting.
Artist Page Send Message Apr 24, 2018 | 10:39 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
Hi Emma,
Sorry Emma I think you did mention this already.
Artist Page Send Message Apr 24, 2018 | 11:18 am
Artist

Reply with quoteReport
(When a web component is wonky, I always try different browsers...Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge, etc.)
Artist Page Send Message Jun 19, 2018 | 3:46 pm